WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are widely used small files or devices that are installed in the user’s browser with the purpose of storing, recovering or updating data. They allow the person responsible for a website to determine the preferences of users when navigating through their website and personalize the services offered based on these preferences.
At HINE we use our our own and third party cookies, which allow us to carry out an analysis of use and measurement in order to satisfy ourselves that our websites function correctly so we can improve our services.
The third party cookies that are used to obtain information on visits, measure and analyse browsing on the website and personalize some services, are the property of Google Analytics, Google, Google Maps and Youtube. HINE, as well as Google Analytics, Google, Google Maps and Youtube, have access to the data collected by the devices, the property of the latter.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Depending on their purpose, cookies may be::
- Technical cookies: these are necessary for browsing. Without them the page would not function properly (user login cookies for on-line shopping baskets, multimedia player session, etc.).
- Personalization or configuration cookies: these allow the page to recognize the user’s language, the font size, etc.
- Security cookies: prevent or hamper attacks against the website or other users.
- Analytics cookies: these allow user activity to be measured and to prepare browsing statistics.
- Advertising cookies: these manage the frequency and content of adverts.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: these store information on users in order to display personalized advertising to them.
CONTROL OF COOKIE USE
If you want to delete cookies that are already stored on your computer, you can do this from your browser. To do this, go to the help menu of your browser which will instruct you on how to delete them.
For more information:
- Internet Explorer:https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox:https://support.mozilla.org/de/kb/cookies-loeschen-daten-von-websites-entfernen
- Google Chrome:https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=de
COOKIES THAT WE USE
There are different types of cookies on our website and these are used for different purposes. Below is a list of the different cookies that we use.
Our own Cookies
PPHPSESSID: This cookie is a PHP SESSION identifier and used for the tracking and control of the maintenance of the session, and it is also responsible for saving the session variables on the web server. This cookie is essential for the functioning of the website and expires at the end of the session.
AUTH_KEY, SECURE_AUTH_KEY AND LOGGED_IN_KEY: These cookies are used for the user session and may be considered technical and personalization cookies.
NONCE_KEY: This cookie is a technique that is used exclusively for security issues, they are all part of wordpress or its plugins.
Third party Cookies
These types of cookies are those that are created and managed by third parties, i.e. they are established by domains other than that of the website being visited. (Different cookies have different functions):
- PREF, NID, SID: Google, in turn, uses these cookies to customize ads displayed on Google services, for example to remind us of our most recent searches, interactions, our visits to an advertiser, etc. This will allow custom ads to appear on Google, since our preferences and other information have been stored.
- OGPC: This cookie is used by Google to provide services and extract anonymous information about browsing. It has a duration of 1 month.